Construction Inspector – Aviation
Etica Group is actively seeking a highly talented Aviation Construction Inspector for immediate employment throughout Indiana. Inspector is responsible for daily project documentation including written and photographic documentation on one or multiple concurrent construction projects, fully understanding construction project plans and specifications, measuring and reporting field quantities, material testing and quality assurance. The inspector will have the ability to properly work and communicate in an airfield environment. This position will serve as the on-site technical representative for the inspection of contractor construction activities, daily coordination with the contractor and other entities, and recommending acceptance of completed work. Inspector will report to the Resident Engineer.
- Performs general inspection of construction work for compliance with contract documents.
- Monitors various field testing in accordance with the applicable specifications.
- Measures quantities for progress payments and acceptance of work in accordance with contract specifications.
- Prepares Inspectors’ Daily Reports and Daily Construction Reports and fills out appropriate inspection checklists for work under their supervision.
- Assists Quality Manager for monitoring Contractor’s implementation of Contractor Quality Control plan.
- Monitors contractor’s material sampling and testing scheduling.
- Documents any quality related issues that result in non-conformance reports (NCRs) or Quality Deficiency Reports in DCR.
- Takes daily progress photos.
- Collects material delivery tickets upon materials delivery in the field.
- Inspects material for compliance with contract documents, schedules and field orders.
- Informs Resident Engineer of all issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree: civil engineer, electrical engineer, construction management or a closely related field | Required
- Indiana PE | Preferred
- Essential Professional Licensure/Certification | required
- Possession of a valid drivers license | required
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.