Etica Group is a growing architectural and engineering firm looking to add a project accountant to the accounting department in its Indianapolis office. The project accountant is responsible for the entirety of the project billing process. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a team environment with multiple deadlines, has a strong attention to details, demonstrated leadership and can work cross-functionally to help grow the firm.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the PM.
- Ensure all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Provide the accounts payable team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the Project Accountant maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues.
- Work with the Controller on job cost reconciliation.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly project profitability reports.
- Review projects as setup by Project Managers for compliance with company standards. Effectively communicate to Project Managers missing information, follow-up, and escalation of non-compliance.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
B.S. Accounting | preferred
Highly organized with Experience in MS Suite | required
3 years of Project Accounting related experience | required
Knowledge of Deltek Vantagepoint or other accounting platforms | preferred
Understanding of standard contract terms, knowledge of FAR/CAS guidelines | preferred
Ability to work well with others under deadline situations| required
Work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion | required
High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness. Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Controller, as necessary | required