Transportation Engineering Department Manager
Etica Group is a growing architectural and engineering firm looking to add to the transportation engineering department in its Indianapolis office. The department is responsible for the execution of all transportation engineering projects and this role is responsible for the overall success of the department and its staff. We are looking for an individual who thrives in managing people, projects often in an environment with multiple deadlines, has a strong attention to details, demonstrated leadership and can work cross-functionally to help grow the firm. This position reports to the Director of Engineering Services.
- Work closely with the Owners and Senior Management to formulate, recommend, and execute programs, policies, and accountable objectives for all Engineering Services.
- Develop, manage, and is accountable for a team of engineers.
- Create individual training and development plans for each team member.
- Detail oriented, ability to communicate with all personnel.
- Ability to motivate team to complete projects in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- Actively engages and retains engineering talent within the department.
- Assist in the collaboration with project stakeholders (other engineers, sub-consultants, contractors, and owners) to ensure detailed understanding of scope and objective of project, when needed.
- Review of contracts with respect to scope, fee, schedule, and professional liability insurance considerations.
- Understand Project Requirements, Constraints, and Objectives.
- Ensure that staff adheres to project schedule with pre-approval of any scheduling changes.
- Work independently to solve problems but uses good judgment in seeking guidance where appropriate. Interfaces with other departments regularly in completing routine work.
- Perform and/or oversee QAQC of project plans and specifications
- Develop detailed proposals with manhour justifications
- Work closely with marketing to understand and support the business development needs.
- Identify and rely on existing relationships to assist in marketing efforts, where applicable.
- Has good understanding of capacity and needs for project development and can forecast to establish strong pipeline for workflow.
- Meet directly with existing or prospect clients to secure project work
- Knowledge and understanding of latest INDOT Design Standards
- Knowledge and understanding
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Dropbox, and general website navigation required.
- Must be able to navigate client facilities (includes climbing and descending stairs and ladders) and construction sites.
- Must abide by all known and required safety regulations of Owners.
Skills & Qualifications
B.S. Civil Engineering | required
Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Indiana or ability for reciprocity | required
Previous management experience | preferred
Traffic Engineering experience | preferred
Highly organized with Comprehensive Documentation Skills | required
CAD Proficiency | Autodesk AutoCAD (required) and/or Autodesk Civil 3D (preferred) in addition to Micro Station
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience